Where Romance and History Meet - www.heartsthroughhistory.com/

Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

A Renaissance Festival Celebration

Every year my husband and I take our kids to the Renaissance Festival (and if we can get away from them, we'll go again just the two of us!)

It is this time during the year that I can immerse myself, literally, in the time period I love, and mingle with others who are just as obsessed with history, royals, mead, turkey legs, jousting, etc... While I don't dress up (yet), I do dress up my little pretties. 

This year, we wanted to get our entire family involved, and we did pretty well! Since one of our daughters has a September birthday, we invited the whole family to join us in celebrating her birth at the Renaissance Festival. We had 7 of our family members take us up on it! It was a blast, and I can say it was probably one of the most fun times I've had at the festival because I was able to share my love of history and festival activities with more people.

For my post today, I thought I'd share with you some of the pics I took. Have you been to a Renn Fest lately?


Me and the DH being silly (yes he is the Queen and I am the King)

My and my girls after the three of them were presented to Henry VIII's court.

The oldest princess on a pony

My husband and oldest princess in the front, and his brother and my youngest princess in the back--riding and elephant (My husband is VERY tall--his brother is about 6 ft., we made fun of how my B-I-L looked so small next to him.)

My sister, her sig and my 2nd princess on an elephant.


The DH in the stocks :)

Baby Birthday Princess was WIPED out. She slept for about an hour as the rest of us continued our festival fun.

Couldn't get this pic to turn... but that is a giant sundae :)

The 2nd Princess in the stocks for being a gossip :)


*~*~*~*

Eliza Knight is a multi-published author of historical romance and erotic romance. Visit her at www.elizaknight.com

Available now! A Lady's Charade -- An I-Books (I-Tunes/Apple) Top 100 Popular Romance Novel!



From across a field of battle, English knight, Alexander, Lord Hardwyck, spots the object of his desire--and his conquest, Scottish traitor Lady Chloe.



Her lies could be her undoing…

Abandoned across the border and disguised for her safety, Chloe realizes the man who besieged her home in Scotland has now become her savior in England. Her life in danger, she vows to keep her identity secret, lest she suffer his wrath, for he wants her dead. 

Or love could claim them both and unravel two countries in the process…

Alexander suspects Chloe is not who she says she is and has declared war on the angelic vixen who's laid claim to his heart. A fierce battle of the minds it will be, for once the truth is revealed they will both have to choose between love and duty.

14 comments:

Ashley said...

Loved the photos, Eliza. The costumes were amazing. Cheers, Ashley

Eliza Knight said...

Thank you Ashley :)

Denise Pattison said...

Looks like all of you had a blast. My gosh! How tall is your husband? You have a beautiful family.

It's been a while since I've been to a Renaissance Festival and you reminded me how much fun it can be.

derekd said...

How fun. Your girls are beautiful. Thanks for posting the pics. I remember when mine were that young. Be sure to check in with me when they hit adolescence. I have all kinds of advice. Unfortunately none of it is any good. LOL

Unknown said...

The Faire is always so much fun! And your princess's were beautiful--Well done, My Lady!

Loni

Eliza Knight said...

@Denise -- lol, he's 6'5 but for some reason in this picture he looks like a giant!!! Thank you :)

@Derek -- thank you! I am going to need all the advice I can get! I wish I could stop time...

@Loni -- thank YOU, my lady :)

Laura said...

Hello, Eliza,

You all look lovely. And it looks like a good time was had by all. Hey, even a nap can be great!

Laura DT

Ally Broadfield said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, Eliza! You have a lovely family.

I just went to Renn Fest here in MN yesterday! Had a good time ... saw an AWESOME glassblowing demonstration. The nachoes I got weren't period, but ... hey.

Greta

Mary Preston said...

I would just love to attend a Renaissance Fair sometime. It looks like so much fun.

Caroline Clemmons said...

Loved the photos. I haven't been to a Renn fair in a long, long time. The last time my family went, it poured rain. Your day looked like fun. And your book sounds intriguing. Best. Carolyn

Eliza Knight said...

Thank you all so much for your comments!

Kirsten Lynn said...

Great photos, Eliza! You have a beautiful family.

I love the Crownsville RenFest, and hate I'll probably miss it this year.

--Kirsten

Unknown said...

The book sounds so good!!!