Where Romance and History Meet - www.heartsthroughhistory.com/

Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sights of DC


I loved my recent trip to Washington DC for many reasons. I did my first ever booksigning at the RWA National Conference literacy autographing! That was an exciting milestone! I enjoyed everything about the conference but also the sightseeing since I hadn't been to DC before. It's truly a beautiful city! I want to share some of my favorite pics. Above is the Capitol Building and the National Mall.




National Portrait Gallery and American Art Museum



(above) Inside the Museum of Natural History



The Hope Diamond on display in the Museum of Natural History.

The Smithsonian Institution Building aka The Castle was the first Smithsonian building, begun in 1847.

The Smithsonian Castle, inside. I love the architecture!
***

I'm having a contest during August! Please visit the contest page on my website for more information. www.nicolenorth.com

The cover of our anthology Secrets Volume 27 was recently featured on NBC Nightly News and one of the authors, Leigh Court, was interviewed! This story also aired on Countdown with Keith Olbermann on MSNBC channel.

We've been getting some wonderful reviews for Secrets Volume 27, which contains my story Devil in a Kilt:

5 cups from Coffeetime Romance: "Ms North has provided a classic "love will conquer all" tale. By adding the magic of time travel and a highland hunk, she has added an extra level to an already exceptional story.... I have always had a love for anthologies and this one surpasses all my expectations. Each of the stories in this special collection has its own brand of magic and extraordinary characters who find love in the last place they would have thought to look."~Hollie

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

Nicole

www.nicolenorth.com

2 comments:

Joanna Waugh said...

Next to London, Washing D.C. is my all-time favorite city to visit. Everywhere you turn there is history! I've been to D.C. three times and still haven't seen everything I want to see.
~Jo~

Nicole North said...

I know what you mean, Joanna. I need to go back several times to see lots more. It is even more beautiful than I realized. Lots of trees, flowers, grass everywhere among the wonderful architecture.