Where Romance and History Meet - www.heartsthroughhistory.com/

Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I Need A Hero!

When I start a new book, one of my favorite parts is finding a picture to use for my hero and heroine—kind of a “stand-in” model while I write. With my first book, I actually had the picture on my desk, but that drew a few subtle remarks of jealousy from my husband, so now I discreetly keep the pictures in a computer file.

You can probably identify who these actors are, but for fun I thought I’d let you guess. (Answers are at the bottom of my post)

For The Angel and the Outlaw ~ The hero is a ground-locked sea captain/suddenly father and the heroine is a feisty schoolteacher.



For The Rebel and the Lady ~
The hero is a “lone wolf” frontiersman and the heroine a Spanish landowner.



For Texas Wedding for their Baby’s Sake ~
The hero is a young physician/soldier and the heroine a southern belle.



Cover not available yet!

It will be fun to see how close the Harlequin art department comes to envisioning “my” vision of my characters.

Here are the answers ~ Mel Gibson, Kate Hudson, Kurt Russell, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Brandon Routh, and Katherine Heigl.

Now for the start of my next book... Any suggestions out there for a hero and heroine? Let me know who you would like ...
Happy Reading!
Kathryn

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kathryn, I believe I would go with Mel Gipson or Jeffery Dean Morgan for the hero, I am not sure about the heroine!

Kathryn Albright said...

Hi Virginia! I had to take a minute to look up Jeffery Dean Morgan as I don't watch Gray's Anatomy. I do remember seeing him in PS I Love You and enjoying his own brand of charisma.He's very Irish looking--Hummm...I may have to consider him. Mel?? Having already "used" him as a stand in for my hero in my first book, I think I'd like to go with someone else. Thanks for the comments, and nice to hear from you!

Meagan Hatfield said...

Ah, are you asking moi for hero choices? hehehe

Heroes - Hugh Jackman, Henry Cavill, Wentworth Miller, Stuart Townsend, Orlando Bloom, Michael Fassbender

Heroines - my current fav's are - Anna Torv, Kate Beckinsale, Sarah Wayne Callies

Dontcha love "researching" hotties? I know I love having an excuse to have a corkboard wall full of them in my living room. LOL!

Best of luck with your cover!!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I second the Jeffrey Dean Morgan idea! He's great! Very masculine. And also Hugh Jackman. (I'm not very original tonight!) Ooh, if you ever have a British hero, Daniel Craig would be great!
This is Rachel BVH--I can't ever get my Google ID to work!

Christie Craig said...

Kathryn,

I love Mel!!! You did good.

So far, I've loved my covers, but I know it can sometimes be hard if you get a cover that you don't feel matches the tone of the book.

And I really like you covers so far!!!

CC

Kathryn Albright said...

Thanks for commenting Meagan, Rachel, and Christie! Meagan, I knew you'd have Orlando in there somewhere (he-he) but I agree--I've got to use him. He just doesn't have a bad angle. I'm going to google all those other suggestions--and you are so right--it is fun, fun, fun figuring out who to "cast" in my stories. Rachel -- Hugh Jackman has oodles of sex appeal, doesn't he? And he played a western type hero so well in Australia. Yep- I can definitely see him handling this next character's role. Thanks for your comments all! Researching heroes and heroines is even better than researching history!