Where Romance and History Meet - www.heartsthroughhistory.com/

Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2009

2009 RITA Nominee

Click to Visit My Website

I am thrilled to announced that my debut book, HER ONE DESIRE, has been nominated for a RITA in the Best First Book category.

A little about the award:

The RITA Award is Romance Writers of America's® highest award of distinction. The awards are presented annually to the best published romance novels of the year. The award itself is a golden statuette named after RWA's first president, Rita Clay Estrada, and has become the symbol for the best in published romance fiction.

A little about the contest:

Up to 1,200 romance novels from 12 different categories are entered each year in the RITA competition. Novels can be entered either by their authors or by the books' publisher. After the first round of judging by fellow published romance authors, the competition narrows to approximately 100 finalists. Winners of the awards will be announced July 18th at the RITA and Golden Heart Awards Ceremony to be held at RWA’s 29th Annual National Conference in Washington, D.C.

For a complete list of all the finalist, go to the RWA website.

If you get a chance, check out my website to get a peek of HER ONE DESIRE.

Huzzah!
Kimberly

5 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Congratulations, Kimberly!!

Barbara Scott said...

How could the judges not nominate your magical first book! Now your winning will be our one desire.
Barbara Scott
www.barbarascottink.com

Unknown said...

Congrats Kimberly! I have your book in my TBR pile, just haven't had a chance to read it yet. So many books and authors and so little time!

Gwynlyn said...

Darlin',

I am soooooooo THRILLED for you. What a Coup! You deserve the nod, for sure. I thoroughly enjoyed your book and found the unconventional heroine entrancing.

I'll be in the audience screaming for you!!!

{{{Hugs}}}

Kimberly Killion said...

Thanks ya'll!!! :)

Awww...thanks Barb! You are too clever.

Gwynlyn, I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. I can hardly wait for July. Thanks for your support.